Photo Rejuvenation in Roanoke, Virginia
The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill offers photo rejuvenation as well as other skin rejuvenation treatments to patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, who want to reduce the signs of aging and sun damage.
What is Photo Rejuvenation?
Photo rejuvenation is using either a non-invasive laser or broadband light technique (BBL) to reduce the signs of aging on the face, neck, arms and hands from sun damage as well as the redness from rosacea restoring a healthy and more youthful looking appearance.
Benefits of Photo Rejuvenation
- Minimal downtime allowing patients to go on with normal activities following treatments
- Minimally invasive
- Reduces or diminishes brown spots, veins, and redness including that from rosacea.
- Customized to each patient’s needs
What Procedures are used for Photo Rejuvenation?
Photo rejuvenation is used to refresh the skin and to look more youthful. Using broadband light (multiple wavelengths) and laser therapy (single wavelength), the treatments are non-invasive and offer little to no downtime.
- BBL™ Photofacial (Broad Band Light) involves a broad beam of light that targets discolored skin tissue to reduce the pigment discoloration from sun damage and lessen redness.
- MicroLaserPeel™ uses laser therapy to remove the top layer of skin to reveal a smoother, fresher appearance. This procedure is more intensive than microdermabrasion but less intensive than laser resurfacing. There are several days of downtime associated with this procedure.
- Laser treatments are used individually or in conjunction with BBL to help with distinct brown spots or veins.
Preparing for Photo Rejuvenation
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning beds, and tanning sprays/lotions for a week prior to the treatments
- Discontinue Retin-A and other exfoliating products at least a week prior to treatments
- Wash face or targeted areas thoroughly with a non-oily, non-soap cleanser prior to treatments.
Photo Rejuvenation Recovery
Depending on the type of treatment used, the recovery varies with each patient.
- BBL™ Photofacial (Broad Band Light) involves redness or even darkening of the treated area that goes away within a week to three weeks. This can be covered up with makeup.
- MicroLaserPeel™ treatments require a few days of downtime and depending on the depth of treatment you may not want to be seen for several days. The area treated can be covered up with a treatment foundation to hide the redness as healing continues.
How Much Does Photo Rejuvenation Cost?
The cost of photo rejuvenation varies based on patient and level of treatment. We accept cash, checks and credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover®. We also offer financing through CareCredit®. Payment in full is required prior to your procedure.
Is Photo Rejuvenation Right for Me?
Photo Rejuvenation may be the best option for you if you want to even out your skin tone and irregularities to achieve a more youthful appearance.
“Melissa Miles is a perfectionist when it comes to procedures. She is EXCELLENT!” – 5/15/15
Why Choose The Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill?
- Well trained and experienced professional staff supervised by Dr. Wray
- Thoroughly answers questions & designs personalized treatment plans
- Expertise for preventative, maintenance and rejuvenation skin care
- Proven cosmetic services
- Inviting spa-like atmosphere
Restore, repair and revitalize! Our team of skilled aesthetic professionals takes time to get to know you as an individual, evaluating your physical concerns and developing a treatment plan that works for you. We utilize advanced technologies to help patients achieve and maintain optimum skin health and aesthetic appearance. Please contact us today to schedule your consultation.