Botox in Roanoke, Virginia
At the Center for Plastic Surgery at Ridgewood Hill, patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, receive Botox® treatments to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What is Botox®?
Botox® is a prescription cosmetic injectable treatment made of purified protein that is injected into muscles of the face to reduce the appearance of frown lines and wrinkles between and around the eyebrows. It blocks the nerve impulses in the muscle reducing the activity of the muscle, which creates the lines and wrinkles. While the treatment is temporary lasting about 3-months on an average, it can be very effective at reducing the appearance of looking angry and stressed to create a more youthful look.
Benefits of Botox®
- Diminishes wrinkles between the brows, in the forehead and around the eyes
- Lift the brows
- Decreasing sweating
How are Botox® Injections Performed?
Most often injected into the forehead and around the eyes, Botox® injections paralyze select muscles to reduce the movement and diminish lines and wrinkles. The procedure is complete within minutes.
There is a very small degree of discomfort associated with Botox®. The “pain” is comparable to being pricked by a pin. We will usually ice the area to make it even less noticeable and to help prevent bruising.
Preparing for Botox®
As with any procedure, Dr. Wray or her Nurse Injectors will evaluate the patient’s overall health and the sites where the Botox® is to be injected. They may also combine the procedure with a cosmetic filler to diminish fine lines.
Recovery is quick, with only minor irritation and swelling at the injection sites.These issues go away within a matter of hours or a couple of days to several days. Bruising is possible but is usually minor. Your more relaxed and younger looking appearance will start to show in a week or two.
How Much Does Botox® Cost?
The cost of Botox® depends on the size of the targeted area and the number of injections. We accept cash, checks and credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover®. We also offer financing through CareCredit®. Payment in full is required prior to or at the time of your procedure.
Is Botox® Right for Me?
The professionals at Ridgewood Hill screen all our patients carefully to ensure safe and effective Botox® treatments.
- Typically, patients who receive Botox® are between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding must postpone this procedure until they no longer pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Botox® is not be used when there are signs of infection at the proposed injection site.
- Botox® is not to be used in individuals with known hypersensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation.
- Patients with neuromuscular disorders, such as ALS, myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, may be at increased risk of serious side effects.
“Katie is amazing! I am always very nervous when it is time for Botox and she is calming and reassuring!” – 6/3/15
Why Medi Spa at Ridgewood Hill?
- Well trained and experienced professional staff supervised by Dr. Wray
- Thoroughly answers questions & designs personalized treatment plans
- Cosmetic surgery expertise for skin care
- Proven cosmetic services
- Inviting spa-like atmosphere
Restore, repair and revitalize! Our team of skilled aesthetic professionals takes time to get to know you as an individual, evaluating your physical concerns and developing a treatment plan that works for you. We utilize advanced technology to help you achieve and maintain optimum skin health and aesthetic appearance. Please contact us today to schedule your consultation.